Training and Development Specialist Remote
Costa Mesa, CA
Tickets.com is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball.
At Tickets.com, we’re a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation. Our mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
We're headquartered in beautiful Orange County, California, with offices in the state of New York, across Europe, and in New South Wales, Australia. We enjoy a fun and casual work atmosphere, and we pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality results.
We are seeking a Training and Development Specialist to work remotely from the West Coast who will be responsible for the development and implementation of organization-wide training programs for Tickets.com products and processes. The responsibilities will include conducting internal and external training, both remotely and in-person at various locations, including client sites, Tickets.com office locations, and user conferences. This position will also maintain a knowledge base library containing documentation and recordings accessible to both internal and external users of our products. The Training and Development Specialist must develop a thorough understanding and knowledge of all Tickets.com products, including existing functionality and new enhancements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop a thorough understanding and knowledge of all aspects of Tickets.com products.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical material and software documentation, including product requirement documents, items in issue tracking system, release notes, and other product guides.
- Provide training, both in person and remotely as needed, for clients and internal staff. Training responsibilities include customization of training agenda to meet trainee needs; preparation of data and materials for training; and execution of training in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with creation and execution of remote learning sessions for clients and staff highlighting new and underused functionality.
- Create and maintain documentation, both written and video, pertaining to the use of Tickets.com products.
- Review Tickets.com product enhancements and assist with training, communication, and implementation in support of new releases.
- Assist Client Consulting Services with client migrations to ProVenue as needed, including assisting with initial training and configuration.
- Perform system tests, analysis, and configuration to ensure system is in excellent running order.
- Advise clients and internal staff on how to best use ticketing system to meet a client’s business needs.
- Other software-related tasks as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with ticketing software strongly preferred.
- Excellent training skills with the ability to adapt training curriculum, delivery methods, and pace to match the level of the target audience.
- Proficient in use of training delivery methods, including Web-based training tools (such as WebEx), MS PowerPoint, and other training-based software/documentation programs
- Ability to develop and implement processes.
- Comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Computer proficiency essential – MS Office Suite; ability to easily learn new technology as needed.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Remote evening and weekend availability, as required.
- Must be client service-oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Detail oriented, organized, proven ability to follow up on tasks.
- Self-starter, able to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Work effectively under pressure.
Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tickets.com® is a technology solutions provider focused on sports and live entertainment. Our ProVenue® platform is a full service, integrated ticketing solution designed to enable entertainment and sports organizations to sell tickets to consumers under the client’s own brand.
First incorporated in 1995 and later rebranded as Tickets.com in 2001, the company was initially a merger of nine ticketing firms. After MLB® Advanced Media acquired Tickets.com in 2005 and instituted a new executive leadership team, the company continued to expand its prestigious client list in both North American and International markets.
Headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, Tickets.com has regional offices across the U.S. and around the world, including Europe, Australia, and Asia. The ProVenue product line is scalable to serve all operations from professional sports and university athletics, arenas and attractions to museums and nonprofit theaters.
We believe in providing industry-leading technology and enabling venues to capture, retrieve and own their customer data. Unrestricted access to sales information, coupled with a client’s ability to sell tickets under their own brand, provides Tickets.com clients with a 360 degree view of customer buying habits and preferences. This level of insight allows clients to refine marketing strategies and forge long-term relationships with their customers. Learn more about ProVenue
Through strategy, partnership, and innovation, Tickets.com is on a mission to disrupt the ticketing industry. Our culture encourages collaboration, transparency, and the freedom to think outside the box. We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished, but we know we’ve only scratched the surface on what we can achieve.
The company also sells tickets directly to consumers at www.tickets.com
Health & Peace of Mind: Personal Well Being: Financial Future:
*Medical, Dental and Vision Plans *PTO- Paid Time Off *401(k) Plan with Company Match
*Basic Life Insurance *STO- Sick Time Off *Health & Dependent Care FSA
*Optional Life Insurance *Paid Holidays *Legal Assistance Plan
*Short Term Disability (STD) *Tuition Reimbursement
*Long Term Disability (LTD)
*Domestic Partner Benefits
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
*Casual Dress Environment
*Company Sponsored Events and Tickets
*Employee Discounts- MLB.com shop, MLB TV and other recreation discounts
Company Website: WWW.TICKETS.COM
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)