Software Developer I
Job Title: Developer - I
Position objective: Designs, develops, and maintains specialized technical applications as required. Enhances existing products by adding features, assists support personnel to resolve reported defects in existing products, brings high quality and well tested new products and technologies to market.
* Write well designed, testable, efficient code utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology under direct supervision.
* Maintain, enhance, expand and modernize code.
* Participate in peer software reviews.
* Maintain developed software solutions compatibility with company hardware and software platform requirements.
* Create and maintain documentation.
* Assist the support team with customer questions and cases as needed.
* Ensure compliance with company policy and procedure as part of SMA’s ISO 27001:2013 Certification program
* Maintain positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management
* Other Duties as assigned
* Limited knowledge of relational database systems and object oriented programming best practices.
* Limited knowledge of encryption and application security best practices.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Evolving analytical skills, problem diagnosis, and creative problem solving skills.
* Must be enthusiastic about learning and have a strong desire to master new technologies.
Required: High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
Required: 0 – 1 year of experience with database technology and as a software developer
Preferred: 2 years of experience with database technology and as a software developer
Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, frequent lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
Physical Activity Frequency
Near Vision 85%
Far Vision 15%
Lifting/Carrying – up to 10 lbs 1%
Lifting/Carrying – up to 25 lbs 1%
Lifting/Carrying – up to 50 lbs 1%
Lifting/Carrying – up to 100 lbs 0%
Travel requirements: 5%
Unisoft International, Inc. dba SMA Technologies provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or delegated by management to meet the business needs of the company. Employee is required to sign this document in the space provided below, acknowledging receipt and understanding of this job description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Founded in 1980, SMA Technologies is a privately held company located in North Houston specializing in automation and analytics software solutions. Our entrepreneurial spirit has led SMA Technologies to become a global operation with nine offices worldwide, multiple business partners, and an international client base. We are looking for employees who are passionate about customer service to support our continuing growth. We pride ourselves on our culture offering a relaxed, family atmosphere to foster innovation and creativity. The successful candidate will be someone who wants to develop professionally, have fun, and help our customers with integrating and modernizing their organizations.
Company Website: smatechnologies.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)