SMA is a rapidly growing software company in North Houston that is seeking professional, dynamic Account Executives to drive revenue by managing all sales, satisfaction and retention activities with our existing clients and key accounts. The Account Manager will be especially skilled at building strong relationships and serve as a day-to-day contact with clients, and SMA’s internal resources (Services, Implementation, IT, Marketing, and Finance). He or she must work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include ensuring strong client relationships, growth and retention of SMA’s B2B account portfolio. Must be comfortable taking ownership of onboarding accounts, supporting scope changes, generating and maintaining business partnerships and expanding the SMA brand within existing clients and new business development when appropriate.
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities to generate additional revenue
- Build strong relationships with customers to protect the company from competitive threats
- Contact clients via telephone as well as on site visits
- Document all client contact information in Salesforce
- Identify opportunities for upcoming products and enhancement of existing products
- Serve as liaison between client and product development by submitting any client requested enhancements
- Meet annual sales goals and quotas
- Deliver presentations of the company and products at conferences, customer sites, and exhibitions
- Attend user group meetings and trade shows
- Ensure compliance with company policy and procedure as part of SMA’s ISO 27001:2013 Certification program
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management
- Other Duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Presentation and negotiating Skills
- Excellent planning & organizing skills
- Effective prospecting, needs analysis, and closing skills
- Required: High School diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Required: 1-5 years consultative sales
- Preferred: 5-7 years sales experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Founded in 1980, SMA Technologies is a privately held company located in North Houston specializing in automation and analytics software solutions. Our entrepreneurial spirit has led SMA Technologies to become a global operation with nine offices worldwide, multiple business partners, and an international client base. We are looking for employees who are passionate about customer service to support our continuing growth. We pride ourselves on our culture offering a relaxed, family atmosphere to foster innovation and creativity. The successful candidate will be someone who wants to develop professionally, have fun, and help our customers with integrating and modernizing their organizations.
Company Website: smasolutionsit.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)