SMA is a fast growing, privately held automation software solutions provider located in North Houston that is seeking an experienced operating system administrator with a passion for customer service to join our Solutions Consultant team. The successful applicant will be the face of our automation and job scheduling solutions providing post sales services to our clients. Qualified candidates will have previous network and/or operating system administration experience and be willing to travel up to 60%. In addition, the applicant chosen to fill this dynamic role will engage with customers to provide training on our software products as well as implementation of such software. This person will also provide consulting services both on-site at a customer's location and also remotely via phone or virtual meetings. As part of these functions, it is imperative to have good communication and technical skills in order advise, implement and enforce best practices. Customer service is a priority to SMA, so previous experience in Customer Service roles will be beneficial.
- Train clients in either a classroom or hands-on environment
- Install and configure our automation products
- Assist clients in upgrading our products
- Assist Customer Support as needed
- Assist Sales and Marketing teams as needed
- Help identify bugs, design flaws, or necessary enhancements and articulate them to our Development team
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to identify opportunities to upgrade or modify our products to meet customer needs
- Understanding of network administration
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows administration
- Understanding of scripting technologies such as Powershell
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL administration
- Understanding of UNIX/Linux administration
- Effective leadership and project management skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Required: High School diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Required: 2 years of experience as an Operating System Administrator or Support Technician
- Preferred: 3 years of experience as an Operating System Administrator or Support Technician
Our founders met at NASA while they were solving some of the toughest IT issues in the world at that time. The work was challenging and required lots of repetitive tasks to maintain NASA’s mainframes and complex systems.
Believing that there had to be a better way, they formed SMA Solutions. Since that time, we have been working with the single purpose of unlocking our client’s potential by streamlining their IT processes and helping employees be more productive by leveraging our automation platform, OpCon.
By freeing them from repetitive tasks, they can focus on doing the important work that will help them drive the business. No matter the industry, from financial services to aerospace, we are there to help our customers use the power of automation to simplify complex IT issues, enabling them to solve their toughest business challenges.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Founded in 1980, SMA Technologies is a privately held company located in North Houston specializing in automation and analytics software solutions. Our entrepreneurial spirit has led SMA Technologies to become a global operation with nine offices worldwide, multiple business partners, and an international client base. We are looking for employees who are passionate about customer service to support our continuing growth. We pride ourselves on our culture offering a relaxed, family atmosphere to foster innovation and creativity. The successful candidate will be someone who wants to develop professionally, have fun, and help our customers with integrating and modernizing their organizations.
Company Website: smatechnologies.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)